Courses are available within the University for students wishing to engage in hands-on learning and research opportunities in the field of early childhood. The Center actively participates in the following courses:
- 01:830:331 Infant and Child Development
- In conjunction with Infant and Child Development, students may also opt to participate in the CESEP program with an assignment in our program for additional credit: 830:398:01 by special permission #.
- 01:830:396 Fieldwork in Child Development (Two levels of this course are available.)
- 830:493/494 Internship/Seminar in Applied and Community Psychology (6-9 credits)
- 09:910:220 Introduction to Social Work
Students must complete the customary registration process to enroll in the courses. Special Permission from Dr. Judith Hudson is required to enroll in the second level of the Fieldwork in Child Development course. Consult the course descriptions and syllabi for specific and detailed information regarding the course prerequisites and requirements.
Students may also visit our Center to conduct Observations in order to complete course assignments. Students who wish to observe classroom activities must complete the Observation Request Form found below and return it to the Director at least 1 week in advance of the date on which they wish to observe. See the form for where to email the completed form.